Sunday, March 14, 2021

Floating Sakura Girls

I think I'll finally be caught up with posting my cards from 2020 with this birthday card I made for my Mom back in December. I was excited to ink up two Dandelion Designs stamp sets: "Sakura" and "Sakura Girls" which I added to my collection last year.


I used Copics to color the stamped images, adding a little sparkle to the centers with Stickles. Greeting on the front was computer generated, trimmed to a rectangle and backed with gold foil cardstock. I cut off most of the front of the card using Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud Border and attached a piece of clear acetate to replace the portion I had cut off.

I used the mechanism from Karen Burniston's Parcel Pop Up die to add some fun animation. As the card is opened...

...two Sakura Girls emerge from behind the blossoms.
Difficult to tell from still photos but the little girl in the center slowly rises from behind the sakura blossoms as the card is opened. 

Kimonos for the Sakura Girls were stamped onto washi papers and cut and paper pieced. Sentiment was computer generated, printed onto cardstock and cut to size with the cloud border die to cover the front of the pop up mechanism.The last thing I did was to attach a piece of gold foil board cut about 1/8 of an inch larger to the back, giving the card a thin shiny border all around.
I really like the fun whimsical feel of the images in this Dandelion Designs stamp set and am looking forward to thinking up other fun ways to animate the Sakura Girls.


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh, this is a really lovely, creative birthday card for you mom. I love the images and the way you positioned them. The overall feel is very feminine and sweet. The message you sent is very touching too. You must be an excellent daughter. Keep posting your inspirational work!