Thursday, December 24, 2020

Holiday Treats From Our Kitchen

I decided to change the packaging for my holiday Chex Mix this year from the kraft takeout boxes I've using for the past few Christmases to these clear mylar bags. I like that they can be heat sealed and also have a zipper closure so they can be resealed after opening. Best of all, unlike boxes or bottles, they fold flat and take up hardly any storage space in my closet.

I came across an idea for labels on Pinterest that used this clever play on words: "Merry CHEX mas" for Chex Mix, and decided I wanted to use the same for our oval print and cut tags too. Used Cottage Cutz "Santa Bear In A Pot" die for the cute paper pieced peeking polar bear.

In addition to our usual Chex Mix, this year we decided to make a couple batches of  one of hubby's favorite local style snacks, Prune Apricot Mui to share with friends and family as well.

We packed the mui in plastic portion containers and created fun labels using print and cut for the wording and stamped Dandelion Designs' "You Make Me Smile" panda.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Thanks for showing your Christmas goodies/gifts and how you packaged them. I'm always interested in clever ways to present treats. It's important that gifts taste great but they also need to look great to produce smiles to all. I'm sure your friends and family really enjoyed your hard work and thoughtful gifts.