Monday, October 12, 2020

Sending Big Hugs

 No matter how many times I keep telling myself not to buy any more stamps, it seems every year when Mama Elephant announces their Anniversary Sale, I cave in. This year was no different; I just couldn't resist picking up this "Little Girl Agenda" set, especially since these adorable little girls reminded me so much of our granddaughter. When they arrived in the mail, I could hardly wait to ink them up to create my very first Slimline card.

This was my first set of Mama Elephant "Little Agenda" stamps and I was a little surprised at how tiny the images were in real life. At first I thought I'd surely need a magnifying glass to color these, but it actually wasn't too bad. The nice thing is they hardly use any ink at all and color up super quick!

Cutting them out was a little tricky, though... now I understand the reason behind the coordinating dies for these stamps! After cutting, I mounted the little girls onto square panels that I had lightly colored with Tim Holtz distress oxide inks.

Rounded rectangle shapes in Make the Cut design program were used to create the four window Slimline card front, and Arial Black font was used to for the alphas for "hugs". I cut four sets and stacked them to give it some chipboard-like dimension.

And on the inside, a simple message completes my card to accompany a surprise box of goodies sent to our sweet granddaughter.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You did a fantastic job on your first slimline card. I love the rounded rectangular cut outs. The little girl images are sweet and perfect for your granddaughter. The soft pastel colors go well with the whole look of the card. I enjoyed your post.