Friday, October 30, 2020

Halloween Cookie Boxes

These are the " Cat in a Pumpkin" treat boxes I put together for friends and family to share cookies I baked for Halloween this year. 

The original idea for this fun box comes from a very similar box I immediately fell in love with at the Silhouette Design Store designed by"Little Luxuries Loft". I purchased the print and cut file for it from the Silhouette Design Store site, but to my dismay, the file automatically downloaded into my Silhouette Design Studio Library. Normally, this is probably a good thing, but for me, not so much as I have not yet learned even the basics on how to use Silhouette Design Studio. I immediately emailed support, requesting an SVG file instead of a STUDIO file but did not get a response for almost a week.

Meanwhile, with Halloween fast approaching I was getting a little anxious so I decided to do a screen print of  the STUDIO file and imported it into Make the Cut Design program (my safe place) to try and create a similar template. After some trial and error, I finally came up with this paper pieced version. Not as cute as the original, but that's okay because I was able to create a template for a box that was 3 times larger than the original 2 inch tall treat holder, which is a good thing since I needed my box to be large enough to hold my cookies!

I put together a dozen of these cookie boxes; painted the Jack o Lantern face with yellow Stickles for some bling and stamped the back of the box with a "Happy Halloween" stamp from Dandelion Designs as a final touch. 

 I really liked that the shape of these boxes reminded me a lot of the little curvy keepsake boxes which were all the rage a few years ago. This larger size is fun too, and I've been seeing quite a few creative takes on it, which I hope to try soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Outline of my Lover said...

Thanks for thiis