Sunday, October 18, 2020

Happy "Birdie" Day

While perusing the internet for fresh ideas for "guy cards" I came across some adorable images of golfing mice which provided the much needed inspiration for yet another golf themed card for hubby's birthday this year.
I paper pieced a mouse and a few birds and put them into a card with a large acetate window front together with Karen Burniston's Rockin' Rectangle mechanism to make this fun interactive pop up card.
 
When the card is opened, the rectangle panel with the golf mouse pops forward and moves to the right to reveal the flagstick and birdies underneath.

To create the golf scene on my card, I put together paper pieced elements from several different cutting files. I used the cute little mouse from Marjorie Ann Designs "Cookies and Milk" set; golf ball and tee are from Little Scraps Of Heaven's "Golf Mouse"; and birdies are from Cuddly Cute Designs' "Cuddly Critter Birds" (now retired).

Golf club image from Pixabay and coloring book images of the flagstick and golf cap were rendered into cutting files in Make the Cut Design program. Just for fun I added a Nike swoosh to the front of the cap, which may have been a mistake because hubby noticed and commented... "Hey, I don't have one like that!" Was that a hint or what?!! 
I used a Die-namics border die for the grass and and added tiny flowers punched from a mini Punch Bunch paper punch.

Here's a view from the top which shows the Rockin' Rectangle mechanism which is really simple to put together to easily animate and make fun interactive cards. I think this is my new "Go To" easy pop up mechanism to to use.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

This card is a hole in one! You've outdone yourself in card cuteness and cleverness. I love interactive cards and this one is definitely one of the best I've seen. I love your photos of the card too!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Eunice,
Awwww, Glenn must've been all smiles when he set eyes on your super kawaii card. You make the cutest with the perfect theme.