Sunday, January 19, 2020

2020 New Years Cards



In celebration of the Year of the Rat, I put together a dozen of these New Years cards which also doubled as my holiday thank you cards.

Inspiration for my card comes from a Japanese website, Illust Box which offers its users lots of  freebie templates and ideas for printing "nengajo" or Japanese New Years postcards. I designed a cut file using Pharmacy true type font (for the numbers) together with a silhouette image of a Japanese ceramic mouse shaped bell from Illust Box to create a stencil-like cut out front for my card.

The text, "Year of the Rat"was printed onto plain white cardstock and I used the print and cut function in Make the Cut design program to cut out the 2020/Rat design. Below the stencil cut year, I added a strip of washi paper backed with gold foil cardstock as an accent.

I used red pearlized cardstock for the inner card and added my greeting together with another freebie printed image, also from the Illust Box website. Gosh, I barely got these in the mail last week and already Chinese New Years is less than 7 days away! See you next week...

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love how you incorporated the rat into the numbers. Your rat is so cute it really should be called a mouse....Year of the Mouse? Amazing craft work!