Sunday, October 20, 2019

To My Significant "Otter"

Here's the card I put together for hubby to celebrate our wedding anniversary this month. I thought this little paper pieced otter from Doodlebug's So Much Pun collection was so cute! She reminded me of the fun time we had watching the adorable otters at the Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park while we were in Canada recently. I had the little otter hold a heart with the number "39"... yup, 39 years already!

On the inside, I added two more paper pieced otters and used the Trifold Slider Die-namics die by MFT Stamps to make a fun interactive trifolold slider card. The cutting file for the Doodlebug Otter was purchased from the Lori Whitlock Shop. I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks applied with a cosmetic brush and splattered with water to create the ocean backgrounds for the front and inside of this card.

As the trifold card is opened, the two otters slide to meet together in the center! Since still photos don't do justice to these interactive cards I decided to post a short video so you can watch the sliders in action.

Although I have to admit this Trifold Slider mechanism took a little time to get working just right, I found Jennifer McGuire's video tutorial on this die especially helpful. I think this mechanism would make fun and adorable love themed cards for weddings, anniversaries and Valentines Day.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

This card is otterly adorable. I love the cute critters and your word puns. Thanks for making me smile!

sittinprettyinpink said...

OMG this is so CUTE!