Sunday, June 23, 2019

Terribly TWO Cute!

Our little granddaughter celebrated her "Terrible Twos" birthday with friends and family when she returned home to Cali. Her momma planned a "Terrible Two Monster" themed party for her, using a set of cute monster digital invitations and images she picked up from Squawk Box Studio on Etsy.

I used Make the Cut Design studio to render the same monster image into a cutting file and paper pieced it together for our granddaughter's birthday card. I adhered the paper pieced monster onto a bracket style label and cut a window with the same shape onto the front of the card. Then I used Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop Up die to make this into a simple but fun interactive card.

     
As the card is opened, the panel inside the card pops forward and rises up. The neat thing is that the mechanism that creates all the movement can be placed anywhere along the fold of the card depending on high you want the panel to rise.

Before I go, I wanted to share some of the fun monster decor from the party, all planned and put together by my daughter's super talented and creative friend.

Adorable cake, cupcakes and rice krispie treats...

Here's the fun monster pinata filled with toys for the kids and the goodie bags for the guests. Looks like it was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

That's a cute themed party for a two year old. I'll show it to my daughter in law. The twins turn one next month but maybe next year she'll be making a terrible two themed party ...hahaha! Your card is excellent and adorable that you matched it to the theme.