Saturday, June 8, 2019

A Is For Aloha

I put together a dozen of these Elmo bags and filled them with puffed rice candies to pass out to family at a lunch get together at our home in April while my granddaughter was visiting from Cali.


Just prior to their coming, I was excited to learn that her parents had recently begun allowing her some "screen time" and that she now knew who Elmo was. Elmo has always been a favorite for me, so I had so much fun making these treat bags! Elmo and alphas were cut and paper pieced using Cricut Sesame Street Font cartridge, and hibiscus flowers were cut using Sue Wilson's Tropical Collection- On The Beach dies.


Just so happened that the day our granddaughter and her family arrived here was also her 2nd birthday! We didn't have anything formal planned since we knew she would be celebrating with her friends when she returned home but I couldn't resist baking up a batch of cupcakes and trying my hand at some fun decorating. Happy Birthday, little one!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Cute Elmo treat boxes, cupcakes, and grandchild! She'll probably remember all the Elmo stuff you made more than any sights in Hawaii.