Sunday, March 10, 2019

RAKs to Rave about!

I'm embarrassed to say that I've been remiss in sharing all of the wonderful handmade cards and gifts that I've received in the last year due to my chronic disorganization. Trying to get back on track with today's post of some of the projects from my pals Lorna and Patti of Creations By Patti.

These three super kawaii treat holders were created by none other than my uber talented friend, Lorna.                                  
Isn't this the cutest little Valentine treat box? Lorna used paper piecing cutting files from Doodlebug's "So Punny" collection to put together this adorable shoyu and sushi pair.

I fell in love with this sweet kokeshi treat holder at first sight! Lorna paper pieced this chibi kokeshi with SVG Cutting Files' Chibi Geisha Girl with Lantern which sits atop a portion/condiment cup filled with goodies, wrapped with delicate Japanese tissue and secured with a green satin ribbon adorned with tiny paper sakura. So many intricate details make this so special!

Every year I look forward to receiving Lorna's New Years Daruma  treat holder. This year is the Year of the Pig/Boar and how cute is this little piggy daruma with a little tangerine on his head! Totally adorbs!

This lovely easel desk calendar/trinket holder was created by my dear friend, Patti of Creations By Patti. Patti used her amazing copic coloring skills to bring "Beautiful Life Marci" from La-la Land Crafts to life. Pretty glittered cardstock embellished with  La-la Land Crafts' lantern, cherry blossom, and pagoda die cuts complete this treasured gift.

This mini tag album is another treasured keepsake created by Patti. She used La-la Land Crafts' Large Stitched Tag die set to cut tags from heavy cardstock; adhering several layers together to create this  album. Each page in this 12 paged album is unique, with pockets, sliding elements, or fold outs to reveal additional pages. Truly amazing work.


And finally, this is Patti's Chinese New Year card, starring Hello Kitty dressed in her adorable piggy costume. Inside, a die cut greeting in Mandarin, "XinNian KuaiLe" or "Happy New Year"! 
I am truly blessed to have such talented and creative friends who continue to inspire me and get me excited about crafting.


1 comment:

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

You have been busy.. Lovin' all these cards/projects. They are fabulous. I love visiting your blog - you are inspiring and creative..