Sunday, March 3, 2019

Happy Hina Matsuri!

In celebration of "Hina Matsuri" or Girls Day I put together ten of these bento box holders which were inspired by lunch/treat bags designed by Debi of Crafty Buzz blog. Unfortunately I don't own the Papertrey Ink die Debi used to create her treat bag; and since I needed my holders to be wider to accomodate the bento boxes, I created a cut file for it in Make the Cut Design studio.

The paper pieced kokeshi doll was inspired by an image on Pinterest.  Make the Cut rendered it into a cutting file and I used Copic markers and a white gel pen to decorate her kimono. Tiny cherry blossoms in her hair are from a Punch Bunch Mini paper punch. I placed a border of washi paper backed with glitter paper behind the kokeshi and added an oval cut label with my girls day sentiment.


Here's a view of the holder from the side and another view with the flaps/handles down. I used a sakura digital paper file purchased from  Graphic Design By Mia on Etsy and printed it out on plain white cardstock for the box.


The mochi I made was packed into mini aluminum bento boxes and placed into the sakura printed boxes.

And this is the Girls Day card I made to send to our granddaughter...



I used Karen Burniston's Spinner Square Pop Up die again to create another fun interactive card. As the card is opened, the square panel in the window pops up and the "spinner" mechanism behind it brings down the birds and the sentiment. I attached clear acetate to the spinner mechanism so the little birds would appear to be "flying out" from behind the square.

Stamped image is little "Misaki" from Sister Stamps. Used copics to color her and washi paper to paper piece her kimono.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I can see that you worked long and hard on those treat boxes and Girl's Day card. I am amazed by the interaction of the card and thought that the use of the acetate was a brilliant idea. It is so cool how you enlarged the treat tote to accommodate the mochi container. Paper crafting must be your super power!