Sunday, September 16, 2018

Taiko Drum Master Birthday

One of my dearest friends is a "taiko mom". Both her daughter and son in law are avid taiko drummers, so when I recently came across some cute images of characters in a taiko video game called "Taiko Drum Master", I decided to create some cutfiles to use on a birthday card for her. Thought this would be a good chance to play around with my revised Hexagonal Base Pop Up base as well. As mentioned a couple weeks back, this card type was inspired by a combination of Mitosu Crafts' Hexagonal Base Pop Up card as well as Hallmark Cards Wonderfold card.

I never knew about this drumming video game until I came across the cute drum character images on the internet purely by chance. Here are the main game characters twin brother taiko drums, Don and Katsu Wada.

And behind them are Tetsuo Wada and his neighbor, Hana.



Here's the backside of the card where I added a the birthday sentiment and two more characters, Alumi and Donko.

Side view of the card where you can see the struts (blue) that are threaded through the floor panel to hold the paper pieced characters in place.

And here's how the card looks when flattened. One of the nicest things about this card is that it's super easy for the recipient to figure out how to "open", so no instructions required.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Truly a masterpiece card worthy of a drum roll...baroom-boom! You are a super card crafter and should be employed by Hallmark. Keep on inspiring and sharing...please!

yup said...

Beautiful card. I am in awe of your talent.