Sunday, September 23, 2018

Panda Spinner Square Pop Up

I am in awe of Karen Burniston and her talent of always coming up with new cutting dies that make the funnest interactive pop up cards! I recently purchased her Spinner Square Pop Up die and couldn't wait to try it out on this birthday card for a special friend. Since I wanted to gift her a Starbucks giftcard, I chose a cute panda in a mug image and created a paper piecing cut file for it using Make the Cut design program.


As the card is opened, the panel with the panda and doughnut you saw from the window on the front of the card pops forward and *surprise!* another panda appears from behind, bearing a gift card!

So fun, right? The most amazing thing is that the actual pivot style mechanism which creates all this fun pop up and spinning action is a just small strip of cardstock with scorelines cut from Karen Burniston's magical die. Probably the hardest part is remembering where to fold and where to apply glue. I had to watch Karen's assembly tutorial video several times to make sure I got it right. Just need to play around with it  a few more times and I think I'll have it down. Looking forward to trying the almost endless possibilities for making different kinds of pop ups with this fun pivot mechanism!


1 comment:

Lynn said...

You are causing 'pandamonium' in my brain! I love the surprise element. This is definitely on my 'to learn' list. Thanks!