Sunday, August 19, 2018

Hexagonal Base Pop Up Card, Revised!

Here's a birthday card I created for my dear friend Patti which is sort of a revised version of the Hexagonal Pop Up Card like the one in my previous post. I came up with this revised card when I recently noticed that the Hallmark Wonderfolds cards I love so much are actually very similar in construction to Mitosu Crafts'  Hexagonal Pop Up Cards.

The main difference in the two cards is that the Wonderfolds have a elevated floor panel inside the hexagonal box with slits cut into it. The design elements of the card (bridge, tree, girl) are attached to tabs which are threaded through these slits and anchored inside to the bottom of the box. After a little bit of fiddling and playing around, I added an extra panel to the original Hexagonal Pop Up Card template and to come up with this card.

I embellished the card in Patti's favorite color (red) and favorite Asian theme. The cute paper pieced China girl cutting file is SVG Cutting File's Chibi Chinese New Year Girl and the tree is a cutting file from Cricut's Pagoda cartridge. Metal die from Lala Land was used to cut the bridge and the Chinese Landscape background die is from Amy Design.

I've been leaving the backside on the Hexagon Pop Up cards I've made in the past rather plain, only adding my greeting or sentiment to the center panel, but this time I felt compelled to decorate the backside as well. I added a paper pieced bamboo and panda to try to give the card a 360 degree view, just like the Hallmark Wonderfold cards.

Ahhh! And for me the coolest thing about this card is how it easily folds flat when the two side corners of the box are gently squeezed. Yay! New fun card style to play with!


3 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely fantastic! I love the hexagon fold up card and how you decorated it with an Asian theme. Your friend is going to be so pleased that you created this card for her.

Shirley N said...

Oh Eunice, what a gift you have--you are so talented! Your creation is absolutely adorable and so beautifully done!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Wow. Always a pleasure visiting your blog.. You are so talented and come up with some fabulous inspirations...