Sunday, August 12, 2018

Simple Hexagonal Base Pop Up and Panda Thank You

Earlier this summer I had the opportunity to get together with crafty friends to play and share ideas. For my share, I chose to do a Make and Take of the fun Hexagonal Base Pop Up card that I learned from Jay Soriano of Mitosu Crafts via his You Tube tutorial. Jay uses Stampin' Up's Sizzix Window Box Thinlits die to create the base of his card. For my version, I started with Jay's template here and used Make the Cut to create one similar, but with the front panel slightly shorter than the rest.

With unicorns becoming so wildly popular lately, I decided to go with this cute Unicorn freebie image found at Free Pretty Things For You. The rainbow and clouds image I used for the background was also part of this freebie set. Both were created into elements for my card using the print and cut function in Make the Cut design program.

Here's the view from the top of the card where you can see how the card is constructed on the inside with a main center panel. For my center panel I used a piece of glitter cardstock with the top cut to look like a puffy cloud. The unicorn was then adhered to a pop up style box which was glued to both the center panel and the floor of the the hexagon. I used foam tape to adhere the rainbow to the center cloud panel. Tiny glittery pink stars were also added with some foam tape.


Pushing down on the main center panel collapses the card and allows it to flatten so it can be slipped into an envelope. Definitely one of my new favorite cards to make!

Also want to share this super cute thank you card I received from my dear friend Dale. Awwww... isn't panda just too adorable? I think panda was paper pieced from a Frantic Stamper die and pretty bamboo background from a Cheery Lynn die. I love just about anything panda... gonna have to add this one to my collection too!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ooooh, thanks again for showing me something new and exciting. Adding the unicorn inside the box makes your hexagon box card even better. Hugs for sharing!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What an amazing hexagon box Eunice. So cute and colorful. Your crafty work is always so professionally made. Dale sure made a kawai'i card too. Love the panda.