Saturday, March 17, 2018

For A Deer Friend

One of my "deer-est" friends celebrates her birthday early January. I'm usually going crazy working on New Years projects around that time, so up till now I've been writing "Happy Birthday" in her Christmas card...how terrible is that, right? Well now that I'm retired, I figured I should have more time, so no more excuses!  But as fate would have it, I fell behind and barely had time to make a decent card for my dear friend. Luckily, I came across the "Bridge Fold" or "U-Fold" Card.... and learned a super quick and easy card to put together!

I used Cricut Create A Critter cartridge for the cute deer and butterflies, and the tree is a svg cutfile from Doodlebug's Kitten Smitten.

With this view from the top you can see that this is very simply a gatefold card with a long strip adhered to the "gates". A strut is added inside where I glued the deer and a clear acetate strip for the flying butterfly. I kept my card super simple because I was in such a hurry to get it done, but there are some very beautiful, elegant and intricate Bridge Fold cards created by many talented crafters posted on the internet.

On the backside, I added my sentiment to a pocket so I'd have a place to slide in a gift card.

Here's the card flattened, ready to slide into an A6 size envelope. The beauty of this card is that it's super easy to alter the size of the card by changing the height of the card and the depth of the side folds to fit any size envelope you might have on hand.

1 comment:

Shirley N said...

This is soooo adorable, what a sweet scene you created! I always love your paper choices which make your cards so pretty. Your friend must have been thrilled with her happy mail!