Saturday, November 18, 2017

Autumn Thank You

I wanted to send a thank you card to someone who recently went way beyond the call of duty to help me find a solution to a problem I had nearly totally given up on. The entire process took nearly 3 months, but he remained patient and determined to help until the problem was finally solved.

I needed to do something that would come together fairly quickly so I chose to do a mini shadowbox card, similar to the ones I made for Halloween. The template I created for this card can be found here.

Paper pieced squirrel and acorns are from Cricut Create A Critter cartridge, all cut in white cardstock then colored with Copic pens. Leaves were cut using an old Paper Adventures punch. The cut file for the folded banner at the top of the card was created in Make the Cut design program and the row of fall trees backdrop was created in Printshop using clipart from Doodlebug's Flea Market collection, purchased at the Lori Whitlock Shop.

I added a pocket on the backside to for a gift card holder and my sentiment inside. Thank You die cut is from Elizabeth Crafts. I was inspired by all the fun fall themed crafts being posted on crafty sites lately when trying to come up with ideas for this thank you card. And although it wasn't my original intent, I guess this could easily pass as a Thanksgiving card as well.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

A back pocket for a message/gift card on a shadow box card is a fabulous idea because of the limited space. I recently added a back pocket for a wedding card so that the elegant card design wouldn't be spoiled by my ugly handwriting...LOL! The stripe on the squirrel made me think you actually meant to call it a chipmunk. Anyway, the critter is so darn cute and the whole card turned out to be a lovely autumn greeting card. Thanks for sharing your crafty skills.