Wednesday, November 22, 2017

First Thanksgiving Card

I don't think I have ever in my life made or even given out Thanksgiving cards. Until now. Usually around this time of the year I am crazy busy planning holiday meals, cranking out Christmas cards, and shopping...who has time to make Thanksgiving cards? My daughter's reaction: "What?!!! You're making Thanksgiving cards?" "No, just one...just for Evie." It is, afterall, her FIRST Thanksgiving. And even though she's still too young to even have turkey or pumpkin pie or know what Thanksgiving is about, I just HAD to make her a card. Crazy gramma...yes, I am.

The cutting file for this cutie patootie pilgrim bear holding a wishbone is called "Thanksgiving Bear" from Cuddly Cute Designs. The shaped label behind him comes from the Cricut Lacy Labels cartridge, and the sunflowers were cut using Cottage Cutz "Mouse with Sunflower" die.

Made this into a very simple easel style card. 

So there you have it... Evie's first and my first Thanksgiving card! Probably will try to make it a point from here on to make a Thanksgiving card for my granddaughter every year. She and her parents live many miles away across the ocean so it will be our way of letting her know how much we miss her and are thinking of her during this special holiday.
Hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving holiday! Heartfelt thanks to you all for stopping in for a peek and always leaving such sweet comments.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Aw, you're a sweet grandma. The card is lovely and will I'm sure be saved until your granddaughter is able to appreciate your fabulous papercraft work. Happy Thanksgiving!

yup said...

That is just the sweetest card! What a special tradition to start with your new little sweetheart. Just a thing for you and her . What a wonderful way to say I love you!

Shirley N said...

Another adorable project, Eunice! You are such an inspiration, I'm so glad you're sharing your wonderful projects with us in blogland! Your Thanksgiving card is really, really cute. Lucky Evie!