Tuesday, October 31, 2017

More Halloween Treats!

I honestly thought my last post would be my last Halloween project post for the year. But last night I realized I had made way too much snack mix and was left with way more snack mix than hubby and I could, or rather, should eat by ourselves. I knew I definitely needed to share that snack mix with others!

Found four empty jars in my pantry, two large, two medium sized ones...measured them and got to work on the computer with the Make the Cut program to try and figure out an easy way to dress up the bottles for Halloween. Since I already had the cut file for Chococat's head made, I decided to add a box for a body that the jars could fit in.

I welded two kitty heads together at the ears to make sort of a shaped card, then just glued them on to the box body. Not very fancy but very quick! I hastily made the cutting file last night before going to bed and did the assembling early this morning. Lol, the glue may not have been fully dried when I ran out to hand one of these kitties out to our mail delivery gal this morning! Remaining jars went to our doggie's vet and our neighbors.

Before I go, I also want to share a couple super neat Halloween treat boxes I received from my sweet friend, Kris.

Kris made this very cute window treat box to share at our last craft club meeting. Kris decorated the window with an adorable paper pieced ghost and bat, and backed with with clear acetate so you can see the yummy treats inside. But the neatest thing about her box are the pleated corners on the bottom of the box...no gluing needed! And when the lid is lifted, the bottom of the box almost seems to pop open!

Whoa!!! How COOL is this for a Halloween treat box? This gruesome little hearse treat box put together by Kris is beyond amazing! Love all the spooky details...really reminds me of those metal die cast cars made for kids.

But that's not all! The back of the hearse opens and lookie what's INSIDE!

YIKES! Don't worry... it's a coffin box filled with more yummy Halloween candy. Now isn't that so COOL? Maybe a little too morose for little ones...but fun for older ghouls! If you think you might want to make one of these (maybe for next Halloween?) the cutting file and tutorials are available at the Simply Crafty SVGs site. Have a safe and fun Halloween!!!

3 comments:

Tina H said...

Awww! So adorable! Those treats from your friend are fabulous as well! Hope you had a fun Halloween!! :)

Shirley N said...

More fabulous Halloween projects, your neighbors and mail carrier must have been thrilled!
TFS your raks and also the SVG sites. Good to know for the holidays coming up. Can't wait to see what you make for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Sandy Stark said...

This is so great! I just found your blog. What talent!