Saturday, October 7, 2017

Adirondack Retirement Card

I have another "non-cutesy" card to share this week, a retirement card for a friend. I do believe this is the first retirement card I've ever made...LOL, and I guess it shows! I began by first searching for inspiration on Pinterest and found pins for a lot of really nice cards I liked featuring the Adirondack die from Stampin' Up. Only problem is that I  felt the die is quite pricey, and besides, I needed this card in a hurry.

So instead I searched and found an image for an Adirondack chair and some palm trees I liked and converted them into a cutting files using Make the Cut design program. The tall cool drink is a svg cutting file from Cre8ive Cutz. Adhered everything to the front of my card, which is actually a sleeve with an oval window backed with clear acetate.Used Copics to color in some sand and pounced some blue ink on the top with a makeup sponge for the sky.


Pulling on the ribbon at the side of the card pulls a gift card holder out and reveals a message printed on the inside of the sleeve. I used water color digital patterned paper for beach scene on the front of the gift card holder which shows through the window.

On the inside I added a pocket to hold a gift card and my sentiment. Sigh, unfortunately this card didn't quite turn out how I had imagined in my head...I had such high expectations, but I think I need much more practice with retirement cards. The good news is that since many of my friends are soon approaching that retirement age, I guess I'll have many more chances to practice!

No comments: