Saturday, July 8, 2017

Clothesline Baby Shadowbox Card

I have another layered shadowbox style baby card to share today. This one was created for a friend's granddaughter, Baby Emma who was born a month before our granddaughter.

The inspiration for this card came from a Hallmark card that was sent to my granddaughter at her birth. I thought it was so cute, and wanted to try the same idea in a shadowbox style card. The cutting file for the little onsie is a freebie from Quilling Patch. (I added the heart and ruffled skirt to make it more girly).  Panties, socks and bib are from Cricut Baby Steps cartridge; and hanging teddy is one of my drawings rendered into a cutting file in Make the Cut program.

Added a fun personalized touch by adding baby's name, using Pharmacy font and Make the Cut to create a cutting file for the front of the card.


View from the top shows the two layers that were added inside for the shadowbox effect. As you can see from the photo, my layers are not aligned quite right...I'm learning that accurate placement of the layers is essential!

And here's the back of the card where I added our sentiment. Still having fun and learning as I continue making more of this type of card.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Really sweet and fantastic baby card. I love the overall look of the layers.