Monday, October 31, 2016

If The Shoe Fits...

It's Halloween and I almost can't believe I got all my projects finished and delivered on time! This year I got a little too ambitious and decided to try these witches' boot treat boxes I discovered on Pinterest. I purchased the cutting file for this from SnapDragon Snippets, a new (to me!) site filled with lots of fun and challenging 3D projects to try.

I have to admit that these witches' boots took quite a bit of time to assemble...it's a good thing I got an early start on them. The step by step photo tutorial can be found over at  Needles and Knowledge, which I found very helpful, especially for tackling the many tricky curves on this box. It took me nearly two weeks, but I'm happy to say that I finished ten of these.

The finished size of the boot is quite large, about 8 inches tall and 7 inches wide. At first I was disappointed that it was so much larger than expected...I thought to myself, "Gosh, it's almost big enough for me to put my foot in...that's not cute at all!"

But after adding ribbon laces, lots of glittery tulle and a cute jack o lantern button, I thought they didn't look half as bad.

 Then as a final touch I added a fun tag that fit my sentiments exactly.

Hope everyone is enjoying a fun and safe Halloween...all treats and no tricks, please! I still have a few more Halloween projects to share, but since this post is already quite long, I will save for next time.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

The witches shoe will be a real treat for the lucky recipients....so much work! I love the sentiment but love your dog even more....what a sweetie to pose for you.