Sunday, September 25, 2016

Tsum Tsum First Aid Kits

For my craft club share this year I decided to keep it simple by decorating some first aid kits with Tsum Tsum characters. I made twelve different ones using cutfiles I created in Make the Cut using images found on the web.

These mini first aid kits are J & J First Aid To Go kits which are quite inexpensive and can be found in almost any drugstore. The boxes are about 3 x 4" in size and are filled with bandaids. gauze and cleansing wipes. The nice thing about these little boxes is that you could remove the first aid stuff and fill them candies or even use them as a cute gift card holder.

I used colorful washi tapes to cover the lids on these boxes, then mounted each of the paper pieced Tsum Tsums onto the lids with foam tape.

Once I got started, it didn't take too long to put these together. Cut all the pieces out on white cardstock and colored everything with Copic pens while they were still on the cutting mat. A lot quicker than having to hunt for all the different colored papers and cutting individually. Finished two dozen of these; one set for sharing with the ladies in my craft club and the second to donate to my mom's senior citizen club for their annual fund raising craft fair.
Whew! So glad to have this finished...because now, it's officially CRUNCH TIME! All the holidays are just around the corner and way too many birthdays coming up in the next 3 months...YIKES!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so cute!! Thank you for sharing this adorable idea!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my...I might have to try these...super idea!!!

Lynn said...

Wowie! I really love this idea....how clever! I think I will adapt this project to my Christmas party favors. Decorating the first aid kits with Tsum Tsum characters was pure crafting genius.