Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Birthday Shaker Card for Mom

Decided to try another floating shaker card, this time for my mother in law's birthday which we celebrated this weekend. I used my Silhouette to cut an octagonal window and frame for my shaker this time.

I added Marci with Lantern digital stamp from Lala Land Crafts to the front of the shaker window; colored her with Copics and paper pieced her outfit with washi paper. Inside the shaker I added red and gold sequins, beads and glitter.

The Asian style corners and holder for the Happy Birthday sentiment are cutfiles I created a while back by welding together squares in Make the Cut program.

The plum blossom background with the pagoda and bridge scene that shows through shaker window on the front of the card are actually on the inside of the card.

I then adhered the scene to an octagon shaped card...

So I'd have a place to add our birthday sentiment on the inside.
Really starting to enjoy making shaker cards and looking forward to making more. But first I'll definitely need to work on collecting some pretty colored sequins and beads to add to them...any suggestions on where I should start?

No comments: