Saturday, September 6, 2014

In The Doghouse For Being So Late...

Finally got a chance to put together my very first Cascade card recently. I've been wanting to try this type of card for the longest time, but never could figure out how I would decorate it. Finally had  a light-bulb moment when I had to come up with a belated birthday card for my dear friend, Pat...really felt like I should be in the "doghouse" for being so late with her birthday wishes!
Here's a view from the top with the card opened. The base of this card is surprising simple to construct. For mine, I used the video tutorial by the extremely talented and creative Chris of Calla Lily Studio blog to make a four-tiered Cascade card.
Here's a closeup of "Buddy" in front of his doghouse. Awww...isn't he a cutie? He's a cutfile from Treasure Box Designs' Dog Collection 1. His doghouse comes from Cricut Create A Critter cartridge and the little wooden sign from Cricut Paperdolls Dress Up cartridge.
And here's the rest of the paper pieced doggie pack...."Oddie" (grey) from Treasure Box Designs' Dog Collection 1, and "Missy" (pink), "Queen" (rust) and "Sassy" (white)  from Treasure Box Designs' Dog Collection 2. Had a ton of fun putting these little furbabies together!

Here's a side view of the card and tiers. I used strips of white card stock about 3/4" in width and adhered them side by side to create the look of a fence, and a Die-namics die for the grassy border.
And finally, the back of the card where I added my sentiment. Really like the idea and style of this Cascade type card and am anxious to try a three-tiered one too. Still having a mental block on how to decorate the tiers though...hopefully I'll have another "light-bulb moment" soon!

14 comments:

Tina H said...

Ok, I am squealing from all the cuteness in this card! I've never done one of these and you did such a fabulous job! Love the theme you came up with and who could not be forgiving after receiving such an adorable card! Love it Eunice :)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Holy WOW, another knock-out project Eunice. Super doggone CUTE!!!! Guarantee Pat will treasure your card made from the heart. Have a nice weekend.

Lynn said...

Impressive! I haven't seen this type of card before but your version of it is wonderful. The die cut dogs are so cute. Thanks for letting blogland see your crafty work.

Leanne said...

HI EUNICE!!
OMG!! This is THEE cutest thing I've seen in a long time! I'm floored with how adorable and fun this is!! What a fabulous lightbulb moment. I don't think you'll be in the doghouse anymore. hehehe..
Thanks for the link, I'm gonna check it out. Love this!

Jadams said...

Oh, my gosh! this is one of the sweetest cards yet, Eunice.
Those dogs are so cute.
You did a wonderful job with your first cascade card.
I, too, have a mental block about how to embellish this type but now I'll have to give it another try.
Thanks for the inspirational nudge.

RoseLilac said...

The card is soooo cute! Will try to have a go at making it too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Muy bello, te felicito

Unknown said...

Any chance you will share this cut file??? I use a Cricut Explore and my Little Granddaughter just got a puppy! Thanks!! So Very Cute!!!

eunice said...

Dear ewebb10385, All the puppy cutting files for this card were purchased from Treasure Box Designs so unfortunately I'm not allowed to share the files for those. I believe many of the files I used for this card have been retired, but if you visit her site, she has many other cute puppy cutting files which are very reasonably priced. The doghouse comes from Create A Critter, which is a Cricut cartridge. A few cute dog files are on that cartridge too which you could use. The link to the instructions to construct a cascade card can be found in the post. Sorry I could not be of more help but I am only allowed to share cutting files that I personally designed myself.

Paulette said...

Do u have utube how to make the doggies??

Paulette said...

Do u have utube how to make the doggies??

Alex said...

Love this card, thanks for sharing.

Alex

CentralCaliGrrrl said...

WoW! This card is amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!!

heidisue said...

hello, i was excited to try my hand at a card like yours so i went to the site and downloaded one. unfortunately, it is wayyyyy to big to put in a card so i was wondering how you were able to get it down to a smaller size. is there an option in her site to download a smaller version? would love to make this card!!

heidisue