Sunday, June 3, 2012

18 and Fabulous!

This is the card I created for my dear niece who recently celebrated her 18th birthday. This was my very first non-wedding related project after the wedding, and I really struggled to get my mojo back! This was also my first time trying out the very cool Sliding Money Card and tutorial posted by my best blogging pal Patti on her blog, Creations By Patti. Just made a few size adjustments to accomodate the larger front panel...
For the front panel of my card, I used "Lori" (page 29) from the Cricut Rock Princess cart. Didn't care for Lori's eyes on the original cutfile, so I used Design Studio to give her "Andrea's" eyes (page 34), which are larger, and much easier for my Cricut to cut! I used MTC to make cutfiles for the number "18" and the ampersand using Pharmacy truetype font, layering them on a panel embossed  with a folder from Sizzix Valentine Set #2. The lacy border was also created in MTC using an image I found via Google image search.
The neatest thing about this card is that pulling on the tab on the right allows the front panel to slide to the side...
Revealing the card hidden inside....
...where I placed a panel to hold a small vellum envelope for a gift card or monetary gift.
A cut from Cricut's Lacy Labels cart was used to do the label with the Happy Birthday sentiments on the inside of the card. And I used MTC to create the other two lacy panels using images found on the internet and the word "Fabulous" using Freebooter Script font.
So you see, I haven't given up on my Cricut completely...LOL, I have both my Cricut and Cameo sitting side by side next to my computer so I can easily switch cutters as needed! On this particular card, I used the Cameo to do all the lacy label and border cuts and the word "Fabulous"; and the Cricut to cut everything else. As much as I love the precision of my new Silhouette Cameo, I must admit it's still much quicker to use a cartridge with ready made files on hand than having to go searching for an image or a file on the internet. I'm happy to have the best of both worlds!

2 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This is a neat slider card... And I'm sure your niece was happy to receive this too...

Ev said...

Wow, so much detail. Great work, as always. You're so talented! Thanks for sharing!