Monday, May 18, 2009

Feelin' the Love. . .

There's nothing better than being reminded by those who mean the most in your life of how much they love you too. Dd sent me my very first Edible Arrangement for Mothers Day this year . . . SWEET! It was a stunning bouquet of fruit...chocolate dipped strawberries and apples, melons, flower shaped pineapples, and grapes all beautifully arranged in a glass vase delivered to my workplace with a mylar balloon. What a wonderful surprise! And . . . it was absolutely DELISH! I sampled at least one or two of each fruit, and every one was sweet and juicy. Sorry for the bad photo, but I had already started sharing it with my friends at work when I remembered I could take a picture of it with my phone.







Here's a photo from the Edible Arrangements website of what it looked like before we started eating it! Almost too pretty to eat!


And from my loving dh . . . he installed brand new lighting fixtures in the dressing area of our master bath, AND . . . a download from Sure Cuts A Lot! Haven't had the time to really sit down and play with it enough yet, but thanks to several wonderful tutorials shared by my hero, Susan Bluerobot on her blog I got a quick start and am on my way to learning more. This cute little doggie was my very first completed project using the Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) program and Inkscape. As you can see, it still needs a bit more "cleaning up" but I couldn't wait to do a first cut to see how the program works. The doggie image comes from a clipart site called Graphic Garden, where you can find some of the cutest downloadable clipart and graphics, many of which are free. Hopefully I will find some time soon to practice and learn more.

5 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

Hey Eunice, wanted to let you know I have officially passed a Lemonade Stand award to you. Hop on over to my site to retreive. Thank you for your inspiration!Hugs, Patti

Joy said...

awe...how sweet! love those edible arrangements...but oh so expensive! love how that doggie came out! so cute! love to see all your creations with those things you use! sorry I don't know too much about the cricut and stuff! TFS!

SusanBluerobot said...

you did a FANTASTIC job with your dog. I am soo glad that my blog is helping you

Kyoko said...

WOW, YOU LUCKY GIRL!!! The doggie card is so cute!

Little C's Creations said...

Oh my goodness... sooo cute!! Let me know how you like the program! I'm to chicken to test it out. =0) Your hubby is such a sweetie!! Glad that you had an awesome Mama's day, did you eat all of that basket of fruits?!