Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!


Here's the card made for my dh for Fathers Day. The front of the card reads, "You're still my MANE man..." (Get it? Mane...Main...) Saw a card with this play on words on the SU Gallery a while back and thought it was so clever!
Created this to be what is called a "Peek-A-Boo" card. Found a video tutorial for this on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts and have noticed versions of this card popping up on lots of blogs lately.









Had to change the dimensions of the original card pattern to make the window large enough to accomodate my Cuttlebug Lion. As the card is opened, a new image appears in the window on the inside of the card..."peek-a-boo"! For this card, I had the inside sentiment appear in the window, "NO LION!" Uh, huh, yet another play on words. My Dd pointed out that it was actually a double play on words because the lion "disappears" and there really is "no lion"! Corny but fun...just like my Dh. "Happy Fathers Day, Hunny...we love you!"

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Great peek a boo card! Love the lion, so cute and pretty!

:)