Sunday, September 28, 2014

Year of the Sheep Easel Calendar Cards

Our annual Cricut Club Swap is today. This year we each had to make 16 any occasion cards to swap with our fellow club members. For my card, I decided to make a New Years card, which opens up to be an easel desk calendar...might as well make something useful, right?
The original inspiration for my card comes from a very cool graduation easel card created by Vickie of BGlad Papercrafts blog which I had pinned onto my Pinterest board with the intent of making graduation cards, but realized only recently that it would also make neat New Years cards as well. The base card was pretty simple to create in Make The Cut (MTC) by welding numbers from Arial Black Font and rectangle shapes. Then, since the upcoming year 2015 will be the Year Of The Sheep according to the Chinese astrological calendar, I added the cute lamb cut from Cricut Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge.
And as suggested by Norice over at Creations Unlimited (fave papercrafting store), I embossed the lambie's wool with a Darice Swirl Background folder to add to her cuteness...
...And of course I couldn't resist mounting her on an Action Wobbler for a bit of whimsey!
Had oodles of fun putting these cards together and in fact I finished not 16, but 50 of these. Donated several to my mom's senior citizen group to be sold at the Senior's Fair this weekend, and saving the rest to send to friends and family during the holidays. Wow, it feels great to cross off three things on my "To Do" list with just one project!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! You've been busy making pretty calendars...50 of them! I know your dad and friends will love them and they will sell out for sure at the fair. Thank you for making me realize that I need to get going on my calendars. Wish I were as talented and speedy as you!

Karen said...

Eunice, these are adorable! What a beautiful idea and so wonderfully designed. I love that precious sheep! Your embossing is gorgeous and the action wobble is genius. What a lovely way to bring joy to each day. Every recipient will adore it! :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Holy cow Eunice! Talk about mass production. You were on a roll making all of those calendars! They're totally awesome. What a fun and exciting swap. Everyone make such amazing creations. You are all super talented. Have a great weekend.