Friday, June 7, 2013

Teddy Bear In A Pop Up Box Card

The first time I saw this fun card/box created by Colette on her blog, Digi-re-doo-dah, I knew I'd have to try and make one too. If you browse her blog, you'll be delighted to find that she has several versions of this card...and each one so darned cute! Colette generously shares the tutorial for her adorable card over at the Teddy Bo & Company Blog.
My first try at this was as a birthday card for my "beary special" crafting buddy, Kris. The little teddy bear inside the box is a svg cutfile I purchased from My Scrap Chick called "Fluffy Bear and Bunny", and the roses were cut from an old Quickutz die. Foliage is from a Quickutz (2x2) leaves die and the Martha Stewart branch punch.
For the tags around the sides of the box, I used labels from Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge. Tag inside the box is from a Sizzlit tag die set. Love Colette's fab idea of adding tissue paper to make this really look like a boxed gift!
I think the coolest thing about this card is how it all flattens out for giving!
Had lots of fun putting this together once I got the measurements on this figured out. Colette's tutorial is in metrics, so be sure to have a metric converter handy when you give this a try. I'm working on making a template in inches which I hope to post later. (Right now I'm in the midst of struggling to get Fathers Day cards and projects for the upcoming new Sister Stamps release done in time...so "bear" with me!)
 


3 comments:

Joy said...

Nothing short of AMAZING!Thanks for always sharing these awesome paper projects! So inspiring!

Creations by Patti said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this pop up teddy bear. Thanks for the link. Gotta see how it is made!!! Great job on this project. Wowsa......hugs, P

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card.
Like the delicate colors and that cute bear.

Thanks for the link.

PJ