Sunday, July 30, 2023

Photo Collage Wedding Card

We received a beautiful non traditional photo wedding invitation recently, and I couldn't resist creating a wedding a card for the couple that matched their invite.

The original wedding invitation we received was an elegantly understated double sided postcard style with photos of the couple and their names scribbled in a large handwritten font.  I decided to use the main photo from the invitation on the front of my card, placing it behind a heart shaped window frame. I then scanned the "word art" of the couple's names from the invitation, created a print and cut file for it, and welded it into the window. I kept with the same color scheme of the invitation, using dark navy blue, silver and grey.

On the inside, I used Karen Burniston's Photo Collage Pop Up die to create a fun, non-traditional, interactive wedding card. Hard to tell from the photos, but I used white glitter cardstock matted with silver foil board for the inside panels to give a subtle shimmer. Tiny heart embellishments were cut from silver glitter cardstock.

I had so much fun putting this wedding photo collage card together.  The recent trend of  couples sharing photos on their wedding websites and invitations makes it fun to create personalized cards such as this.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wow! You really did an outstanding job on this card. The happy couple must have been thrilled to receive it. I can't believe all the details that you took into account. The card front is so lovely but the surprise of the exploding center is my favorite part of the card. Thank you for sharing your work and giving me some wonderful ideas.