Sunday, July 9, 2023

Fit for a Princess

I used the Princess Pop Up Card svg cutfile from Dreaming Tree to make this fun, blinged out pop up card to send our granddaughter for her sixth birthday.

A huge, glittery crown fit for a princess pops up from the center of the card as it's opened. The Dreaming Tree project files for this card included cutting files for the word "Princess", the wand and crown for the front of the card, together with a flag banner, the pop up crown and mechanism for inside the card. I chose not to use the flag banner that comes with the project for my card. Instead, I created a paper pieced a  pillow crown holder using basic shapes in Make the Cut design program and placed it underneath the crown.

As you can see, I did not spare the use of glitter and pearlescent cardstocks or gemstones on this card!

Here's a view of inside the crown from the top.


In addition to the cuts that were included with this project, I added lots of glittery die cut butterflies cut from old dies from Memory Box and Cheery Lynn Designs. I also used a Spellbinders Corner Flourish Two die to create the large swirly corners glittered with Stickles.

I'm pretty happy with how this card turned out, especially since I was a bit late getting started on this birthday card for our granddaughter. I'm so glad to have come across this Dreaming Tree pop up card cutfile just in the nick of time! The step by step video tutorial for this project was great and made the assembly of this card very easy to do. Hoping the design team at Dreaming Tree continues adding fun interactive cards like this one to their site.


No comments: