Sunday, April 9, 2023

Fun Easter Treats

I put together these Easter candy holders to share with friends and family this year. I had so much fun making the Panda chocolate kisses holders for Valentines Day that I knew I wanted to make something similar for Easter.    
 
I purchased the template/cutfile for this bunny dome candy holder from seller Papaya Creativa on Etsy. She has designed many different styles of these candy holders for almost every occasion as well as for themed birthday parties. All of these candy holders use clear fillable ornament balls as the dome to hold the candies. Since you only need half of the ball for each candy holder, it's possible to make two from each ornament ball.

The original template for this was designed as a Valentines Day treat holder but I made a few small changes like adding a carrot for bunny to hold, and changing the base that bunny is sitting on to make it more appropriate for Easter. I also aded a few die cut flowers to decorate the front.

This bunny template came with a square envelope for its base but I decided to change it to a hexagonal petal style envie similar to one that some of the other candy holders on site come with.


Inside the hexagonal envelope, I added a round shaped card designed using Doodlebug clipart from the Lori Whitlock Shop. As you can see, access to the chocolate eggs inside the dome is behind the card!.

It was fun putting these domed candy holders together. I'm sure you'll see me making more of these  (maybe for Halloween?) since I purchased of boxful of  the plastic fillable ornaments from Amazon!

I also put together a dozen of these boxes to fill with Easter cookies for sharing with friends and family.

This box style is something I've been imagining in my head and wanting to try for the longest time. The bunny sitting in the grass holding the decorated egg on top of the box is actually a modified version of a "Card in a box" style card. 

I started by making  a template for a simple box large enough to hold my cookies (4-1/2 x 5" with a depth of 2"). I then sized the Easter Bunny Box Card svg cutting file from My Scrap Chick to fit the top of my box. At the same time I decreased the height of the card base to one inch and decreased the height of the struts inside the box card by an additional 1/4" so that it would sit securely on top of the box. I also changed the bunny on my box topper to a bent eared one which I picked up from the Lori Whitlock Shop.

Here's the box of cookies with the box card topper removed. I was pretty happy that this turned out just as I hoped and imagined it would. There are so many creative and clever svg cutting file designs for box style cards available online and I think this idea of using them as box toppers makes for a fun way to decorate treat boxes.


1 comment:

Lynn said...

You've been busy and as usual super creative! I love both goodie holders. You've given me some really good ideas. Thank you! Now I want to make some treat holders with the plastic balls...can't wait until Halloween. The box top decoration is something new to me and worth experimenting with...love fancy treat holders! I'm so glad you post your creations because they inspire me to try new things. Hugs!!!!!