Monday, April 24, 2023

Dandelion Designs Sliceform Birthday Card

It's been awhile since I've done any stamping so I pulled out my stash of adorable stamps from Dandelion Designs to pick images to use on this birthday card.
 
 I chose this cute Japanese girl with balloons image from the "Happy Wishes" set for the front of my card. For her printed kimono, I stamped her image onto digital washi paper, fussy cutting only the pieces of the kimono.  The pieces were then adhered in place onto another image that  I had stamped on  white cardstock. Copic markers were used to color in the rest of the image and I added Stickles glitter glue for some sparkle. Cuttlebug "Simple Flowers" embossing folder was used to add texture to the panel behind the stamped image. "Birthday wishes" stamped sentiment comes from Mama Elephant's "Lunar Extras" stamp set; and I added a few sequins to add a little shimmer.

On the inside, I added a fun sliceform pop up with a few more adorable cuties from Dandelion Designs.
The svg cutfile for the sliceform base of this pop up comes from the Lori Whitlock Store. I purchased a few of of the cute interchangeable sliceform cards from there and realized that it would be easy enough to add almost any paper pieced or stamped images onto the sliceform base to create a pop up card.

I added kimono girl and cherry blossom stamped images from Dandelion Designs "Friends" and "Arigato" sets to the sliceform base. For the die cut background image behind the two girls I used Tutti Designs "Asian Landscape" die cut from white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.

I also added a little cupcake kimono girl from the "Happy Wishes" set to the left side of the card...

...and my belated birthday sentiment to the right side.

I wanted to create a matching gift card holder so I embellished a box which was assembled using Karen Burniston's Slider Box die. I stamped and colored Dandelions Design's "Junko" mini stamp and used Lawn Fawn's "Happy Birthday Border" die for the sentiment.


To add a little excitement, I used Karen Burniston's "Bam Box Pop Up" die to create a mini rubber band activated "bam box" which was glued into the slider box behind the giftcard. When the drawer to the box is pulled open, the bam box pops open, lifting the giftcard into an upright position!


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oooh! I saw this card while in Japan and was blown away by the beautiful job you did. You really are the queen of gorgeous, pop-up cards! Thanks for sharing your work with blogland.