Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Popping Flap Birthday Gift Card Holder

Here's a Popping Flap style gift card holder I sent to a dear friend for her birthday. 

The Popping Flap card is a fun interactive pop up card that comes together fairly quickly and a favorite to make, especially when I'm running late and need to send a gift and card ASAP.

Since my sweet friend is a big fan of Hello Kitty, I searched in my collection of Hello Kitty coloring books and found this image to convert into a cutting file. I used Taylored Expressions' Sprinkles Confetti die for the cupcake sprinkles and Cuttlebug Wicker Weave embossing folder to add texture to the oval mat.

As the ribboned tab on the bottom of the card is pulled, a hidden card inside slides out and pops open.

For this card I created a very simple personalized sentiment to use as the pop up element. I used Arial and Ballerina fonts for the Happy Birthday message cut with glitter cardstock and added a shadow layer for the pop up. I then added a pocket to the bottom of the card for a place to add a gift card.  If you'd like to give this type of card a try, I followed a video tutorial on You Tube by Tamara of BeeHappiLea Craftin to learn this fun card style.


2 comments:

Lynn said...

This is a delightful and clever card. I'm sure your friend will be pleased because the Hello Kitty image is so cute and the gift card is from a super place to shop...LOL! As usual, I am impressed. I will have to look for the confetti die....lots of uses for candy sprinkles. You chose just the right colors, sparkle paper and fonts. This crafty creation is amazing as your work always is! Hugs for sharing and inspiring!

cracked 1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.