Friday, December 23, 2022

Holiday Treats

After baking up two batches of Chex Mix and putting them into resealable mylar bags, I tried to give the bags a festive look by dressing them up to be little penquins.
 
The paper pieced cutting file for the penquins is called "Penguin Sweet Treat Belly" from My Scrap Chick, and is originally intended to be an adorable little treat holder for small candies like individually wrapped Ferrero Rocher chocolates. 

I used the same file but enlarged it to size large enough for my bags of Chex Mix to fit and used double stick tape to securely adhere the front and backs of the penquin to the bags. 

Greeting in red on penguin's tummy was done as a Print and Cut, and I added a glittery punched heart to add a little fun bling. I put together a colony of two dozen penguins and I was glad that they all came together pretty easily. 

I also made a couple batches of Prune Apricot Mui to share with family and friends. 

This sweet, sour and salty fruit snack of dried plums and apricots marinated in lemon juice and scotch whisky is a favorite here in the islands. After packaging into sealed plastic containers, I labelled them with this fun "homemade with love" panda label using Print and Cut on sticker paper.

I think sharing homemade goodies from the kitchen is always even more fun when I can think of  cute ways to package them!

No comments: