Thursday, November 24, 2022

A 3-D Turkey for Thanksgiving

While searching for ideas and inspiration for a fun card we could send to our granddaughter for Thanksgiving, I came across the cutting file for this 3-D paper turkey designed by Chirpy Llama Art Studio on Etsy.

What I liked the most about this turkey was that it looked like a simple version of a sliceform papercraft with layers of  feathers and the turkey body slotted together. Sliceform papercrafts always ingtrigue me, but I haven't had the courage to try one yet. This one looked easy enough for a beginner like me!

Happily, I was able to cut and assemble the pieces to put this little guy together pretty quickly. There was lots of room behind the last row of feathers to add our personal Thanksgiving wishes.

Neatest thing about these sliceform projects are how they flatten so easily to slide into an envelope for mailing.

I had so much fun putting this 3-D  turkey together that I wanted to share the fun with our granddaughter. So I cut the pieces to the turkey again, this time about 30% larger (for tiny hands) and made a step by step photo instruction sheet for easy assembly. We put everything into a large envelope and mailed it as part of  our Thanksgiving "care package" from Grampa and Gramma.

May have been "too easy" for her but hope she had fun making a turkey for Thanksgiving!

Before I go, I wanted to quickly share this beautiful intricately cut Thanksgiving display card that came in the mail for us from a very dear friend.

I especially love the combination of vibrant fall colors for the pumpkin and leaves together with the pearlized gold frame and easel...so pretty!
I hope everyone is enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday today with friends and family. Tomorrow: Black Friday and full steam ahead to Christmas!

1 comment:

Qurat Ul Ain said...

It is looking easy to make a thanksgiving card for a beginner like me. I will surely try this at home for my loved one but I will add balloons for making it more attractive and interesting.