Thursday, October 13, 2022

Another Year of the Tiger Birthday

I'm finally getting around to posting this second of the two birthday cards I put together last month using the Spellbinder's Be Bold Blooms dies.

This time I added a paper pieced tiger to sit with the flowers since this card was for a special aunt who celebrates this year as her milestone Year of of the Tiger birthday. The svg cut files for the adorable tigers I used come from Creative Cat and Co.

On the inside I used the Pop Up Accordion Panel mechanism again to animate the Happy Birthday sentiment. This panel was created using Arial Black font, shadowed, then print, cut and folded to fit onto the arms of the pop up mechanism. Can't tell from the photos but I used Stickles glitter glue to outline the letters to add a little sparkle.

Here's a side view of the mechanism which is also called a Twist Panel Pop Up. Currently there are many companies that have dies and templates which cut different versions of the mechanism for this pop up card. The template I used for my card comes from Kevin Devine of Devinely Designed which can be found here.


Really like how the cute paper pieced tigers and die cut blossoms add such a fun, whimsical feel to this card! 


1 comment:

Lynn said...

This card is really cute and sweet. I love that it is for your aunt who was born in the year of the tiger, like my mom. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to receive it. You do such well designed and appealing cards. I will look into that die because I think my friends and relatives would love it if I made them a unique pop-up card like yours.