Sunday, September 25, 2022

Be Bold Blooms Birthday Card


 This the the first of the two birthday cards I needed to finish within a week that I mentioned in my last post. 

I used the same Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms die, this time using more purple and lavender shades for the various blossoms. Paper pieced teddy bear cutting file comes from Marjorie Ann Designs' "Patches the Bear Birthday".  I used Ballerina font for the computer generated sentiment on the front of the card, and Sizzix embossing folder "3 Dots" to add texture to the white panel. Difficult to see but I also randomly adhered a few flatback dewdrops to the flowers and background.


On the inside, I added a Pop Up Accordion Panel (aka Twist Panel Pop Up) mechanism. But instead of the four rectangular panels typically seen with this style of card, I made an accordion folded shadow cut "Happy Birthday" greeting using Arial Black font to twist and pop up as the card is opened.

Having fun playing with this Spellbinders floral die set and experimenting with different color combinations. I'm really bad at mixing and matching colors but am learning a lot by studying the different color combos other crafters have been using to make their cards with this die set.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Just returned from a long trip and catching up on blog posts.... I LOVE your bear with flowers birthday card. The pop-up surprise words inside makes it even more spectacular! Your retirement card also shows your artistic sensibility. Putting a relaxing chair on the front really highlights the reason for this card. Thanks for giving me more great ideas!

basilshewn said...

Thanks for sharing such valuable information. Every information in this blog is really helpful.
metal name card Singapore