Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tiger Year Birthday


 My very dear friend was born in the auspicious Chinese Lunar Year of the Tiger, and being that 2022 is the Year of the Tiger, I wanted to send her a birthday card to acknowledge and celebrate this special milestone birthday.


I chose to use the Zoo Cuties paper pieced tiger from Cuddly Cute Designs for my card. He's actually on the inside of the card and peeking through the clear acetate window I created on the front of the card. Mama Elephant's Money Envelope die was used to add the Asian style frame, and I used Ballerina font to make the cutting files for the word "celebrate" and its shadow.


On the inside, I used Karen Burniston's Spinner Square Pop Up mechanism to add fun annimation to my card. As the card is opened, the tiger pops forward and his tail swings down together with a "Happy Birthday" greeting.  I added a paper pieced medallion with the Chinese character "long life" for the tiger to hold, and another with the Chinese character for "tiger" on the inside panel.

I added a pocket on the back of the card to hold a gift card. A silhouette image of a tiger found online was used to create a cutting file to embellish a simple gift card holder, and the word "celebrate" was cut from gold metallic cardstock using  Avery Elle's Sentimental Elle-ment die. 

   

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Splendid tiger card! My mom was born in the year of the tiger so I am very fond of of tiger images. Your card is amazing...love the pop up element and the matching gift card holder. Your cards are always so filled with surprises and details. I truly look forward to seeing your latest creations. Thanks for sharing your creativity!