Sunday, August 28, 2022

Gabby's Dollhouse Fabulous Flip Card

  
I made this Thank You card to send to our daughter and her family after we stayed at their home earlier this month. Our granddaughter had a week free prior to starting kindergarten, so gramma and grampa got to spend lots of time with her. While there, we learned that her new favorite animated series is Netflix "Gabby's Dollhouse" about a young girl named Gabby, who magically shrinks in size to go on adventures with her cat friends.


Just for fun I wanted to try to recreate Gabby's Dollhouse using a card style similar to Sam Calcott's four shutter "Fabulous Flip" Card as the base.

I used Make the Cut Design Program and a coloring page image of the dollhouse to create a layered cutting file for the kitty roof. After watching Sam Calcott's video tutorial for her 6x6 Fabulous Flip Card assembly, I made a template with a similar mechanism for my card. I imagined each of the shutters to be windows of the dollhouse and added clipart from Etsy of the different characters onto the shutters.


As the frame on the front of the card is pulled to the left, the shutters swing open to reveal images of four more of Gabby's kitty friends and a sentiment underneath on the right.  Still having so much fun making these Fabulous Flip cards!

I also want to share these box cards and paper pieced princesses my granddaughter and I had fun working on together during our stay.


The castle box card is from the Box Card SVG Kit from SVG Cuts, the Box Card Ice Cream Truck is from the Lori Whitlock Store, and the princesses were paper pieced from Karen Burniston Princess and Mermaid die set. I had precut all the pieces and made kits with pictures of the completed projects. It felt so satisfying just sitting there, crafting with my granddaughter! Looking forward to the next time we can work on more fun projects together.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wow! You are the best grandma ever! I'm jealous because little girls have so many fancy and pretty stuff that they love. My grandsons are so into dinosaurs, cars and trucks,& robots and rockets. Those are not images that I'm particularly fond of or want to use creatively. Your card and paper dolls are amazing and even I would love to play with them. Thanks for showing me your girlie creations. You and your granddaughter are lucky to have each other!