Sunday, August 1, 2021

"Hello Friend" Signage Card

   
When Mama Elephant introduced their "Little Signage Agenda" stamp set earlier this year, I felt an uncontrollable need to add it to my collection. This irresistible set of stamps includes sixteen adorable little animals holding blank signs together with a set of alphabet stamps so you can spell out and stamp any message your heart desires. 

I love that these stamps are small so that they can be colored pretty quick. But despite they're seemingly tiny size, you can't be too "wordy" because they do take up a bit of space! I soon realized my six letter word "FRIEND" wouldn't fit on anything other than a slimline card. 


I cut pieces of cardstock using Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud and Stitched Hillside Border dies to use as temporary stencils, and applied Tim Holtz distress inks to create the back drop for the little signage critters. Svg cutting file for "hello" was created from Lauren Script font, cut three times and stacked for added dimension. I also created a cut file for the oversized rectangular window but had trouble getting a balanced look on the card with the hello cut out. Thinking now that it may have been better to just remove the window.

On the inside, I stamped the cutie patootie elephant and a sentiment from Stampin' Up's "Peaceful Moments" set. Loving this adorable Mama Elephant stamp set and looking forward to creating more fun cards with this again soon.


1 comment:

Lynn said...

I've been traveling so I'm only catching up with the posts now. I love this card so much that I will have to get the stamp set so I can make cute cards too. You did a good job with the layout of the design. Thanks for posting and making me see what can be done with this set...and creativity!