Sunday, February 28, 2021

Flower Pot Peeking Teddy

 Trying to play catch up now to share some of the cards I made last year but didn't have a chance to post. This one was made for my daughter's birthday which was in October. 

 I used two cutting files, "Bear Bouquet" and "Bear with Dogwood", both from Little Scraps of Heaven to piece together the teddy bear for the front of my card. The bouquet of flowers and most of the teddy bear are from "Bear Bouquet" but I had to borrow the hands and feet from "Bear with Dogwood" file so I could get my bear into a sitting position.

On the inside of the card I used Karen Burniston's Pop Up Flower Pot die to add a teddy bear peeking out of the pop up flower pot. I used the same teddy bear and flowers from Little Scraps of Heaven's "Bear Bouquet" file, using lavender flatback rhinestones as the flower centers for some fun bling.  

Doily underneath the flowerpot was cut using a cutfile from Carta Bella Paper Co., purchased at the Silhouette Design Store. Matted labels for the front and inside of the card are from Cricut's Lacy Labels cartridge.

Here's a view from the top of the flower pot which shows the struts inside where the flowers and foliage are attached. 

I tried to be very careful when putting this pop up flower pot  together this time. The first time I used this die  was for Mothers Day cards and I had trouble with the placement of the flower pots inside the cards because I think my flowers were too large. I think I finally got it pretty much figured out now, and am ready to play with this die again soon.
By the way if you're interested,  I'll be backposting my Christmas holiday projects tomorrow. I'm not positive, but I think you'll have to either click on "older posts" at the bottom of this page or click on December 2020 archives (in the sidebar) to access these posts.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh, this is a very sweet birthday card! I'm sure your daughter loved it and will save it forever. I especially love the pop up feature. Your attention to details is truly exceptional. Thanks for posting this card and I look forward to seeing your Xmas projects.