Sunday, February 21, 2021

RAKs and Thanks from Crafty Friends

 
I've been the lucky recipient of lots of wonderful crafty projects recently and thought it was about time I shared some of them. 

This amazing Chinese New Year lantern treat holder is the brainchild of my dear friend Lorna. 
Totally thinking outside the box, Lorna created a "window box" with two sides open and hung a Chinese lantern inside.

If you take a closer look, you'll see that the lantern was made from a "lai see" or Chinese lucky red envelope. Hanging from the lantern, Lorna attached a medallion with the silhouette of an ox bearing the Chinese character for ox. 

This Chinese New Year card from my long time friend and class buddy Bev, really brightened my day and made me feel so special!

Bev used a cute and whimsical image of hanging lanterns for the front of her card... and on the inside, a cuteness explosion with this adorable pop up Ox! Similar to a Year of the Boar card I put together a few years ago for my granddaughter, Bev also used the Pop Up Dog/Cat Card from the Lori Whitlock shop as the springboard for her Chinese New Year card.


I  also received  this beautiful Shadow Box thank you card with intricately cut layers from Bev in the mail recently. I love the patterned paper and background color she chose to make the cut layers on this shadow box really stand out. The cutting file for this can also be found at the Lori Whitlock Shop... my most favorite place to shop for interactive card and box cutting files.

My sweet blogging friend Lynn of Lynn's Craft Blog also sent a beautiful and intricately cut thank you card. This one was cut from the Sizzix Framelits Thank You Drop-ins 4 piece die set, and Lynn also added a cute vintage stamped and colored image from Whimsy Stamps' Gossip Holiday Girls set to the front.

I really like how this card is designed in such a way that the larger inside panel of the card creates a border around the fancy cut front... very clever effect!

Together with her thank you card, Lynn also enclosed this adorable calendar which is currently hanging from the printer stand in my craftroom. Sized the same as a slimline card, Lynn used a Lawn Fawn Valentines die to cut and piece together the hearts, stitched window and scallop edge for this super cute "twofer" card. I keep it displayed with the Gorjuss Girls stamped and colored image facing forward to brighten up my space, knowing I can flip it over whenever I need to see a calendar. 
Thanks for dropping by for a visit today. Hope you enjoyed, and maybe were inspired by some of the amazing and fun paper crafts put together by my dear friends.

No comments: