Sunday, June 28, 2020

Stay Safe!



As the grim reality of the pandemic loomed worldwide, several craft and stamp companies generously offered freebie digital images so we as crafters could use our time sheltering in place to keep busy creating projects to send our appreciation to essential workers or sentiments of hope and reassurance to our friends and loved ones. I personally thought Dandelion Designs came up with three of the cutest images which would be perfect for bringing smiles to kids of all ages.


As soon as I saw the Dandelion Designs medallion shaped images, I knew right away I wanted to use them to make an accordion style card for our granddaughter. She and her mom have been making and coloring a lot of rainbows lately... chalked sidewalk rainbows, watercolor window rainbows, and crayoned rainbow greeting cards... so I chose colorful Doodlebug butterfly papers and Bobunny Double Dot cardstocks for my card to stay with a rainbow colored theme.


I printed the images twice; once on white cardstock and again onto the Double Dot cardstock. Images on the white cardstock were colored in with Copic markers and fussy cut. Images on the Double Dot cardstock were cut using a Spellbinders Nested Circle die.


I then used foam tape to adhere each of the colored fussy cut images onto each of the printed die cut circles to add some fun dimension. The accordion card base was cut from an Elizabeth Craft Design die designed by Karen Burniston. As a final touch I added photo corners created in Make the Cut Design program and cut from pink glitter cardstock to each of the panels.


My heart goes out to parents of young children who are faced with the challenging task of trying to explain and make sense of Covid 19 and the pandemic to them. Reasons and reminders of keeping safe are not always easy to explain. I'm told our three year old granddaughter understands Covid 19 as "the big sick", but sometimes has to be reminded about how to keep safe. Hoping this little card will serve as a happy reminder for her to wash her hands and keep her mask on.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I can't believe I missed this intricate pandemic card. It's fabulous! Even in these tense times you've managed to make a beautiful card that carries an important message. Thanks for sharing. Be safe!