Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Fathers Day

Just when I thought my brain absolutely could not, would not, come up with another golf themed card for hubby, I somehow managed to pull it off once more just in time for Fathers Day.

Thank you, Karen Burniston and her Rockin' Rectangle die for sparking the mojo! I kept the front of the card very simple, creating a golf course scene using hillside and cloud border dies to create stencils and distress oxide inks applied with cosmetic foundation brushes. I added a window just large enough for my paper pieced golf cart to show through.

When the card is opened, the panel with the golf cart on it pops up and "rocks" to the right, revealing a golfing Yoda. Sentiment reads, "May the COURSE be with you!" Just the card every golfing Star Wars fan would love, right?

Yoda was pieced together using a svg cutting file called Galaxy Cuties from Cuddly Cute Designs and golf cart was cut from Cricut's Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. Hoping this card will bring a smile to hubby's morning as he and his friends head out to spend an enjoyable Fathers Day on the golf course.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Good Golly! This card is the bomb! I sure hope your hubby is saving all the cards you make for him. It would be awesome to frame them all together. Thanks for sharing your skills. My Father's Day card will appear in August. This stay at home time has really made a backlog of projects on my blog. LOL!