Sunday, February 10, 2019

Happy New Year of the Boar

Please pardon me as I struggle to catch up on my New Year blog posts! I'll be sharing my New Years projects from January in this post so I can get back on schedule and hopefully share my Valentines Day projects later this week.

These are the Year of the Boar refrigerator magnet calendars I put together for sharing with family and friends this year.


I also made several of these New Year cards with a fan window cut out. A strip of washi paper was adhered to the inside of the card so it would peek thru the window.


Inside, I added a  kawaii paper pieced boar above the strip of washi paper. I was all set to mail out several of these cards together with calendars until I went to the post office and found out it was going to cost me $3.55 to mail each set! I bit the bullet and mailed about half of them, and then while I debated about  mailing the rest, a few days later the postage rates went up! Are you kidding me?!!!(Sorry, I just HAD to VENT!)


And finally, I put together these Year of the Boar tags for a little over a  dozen take out boxes filled with Chex Mix to pass out to family at our New Years Day family reunion.

"Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu!" 

No comments: