Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Card and Gift Tags

The inspiration for our family holiday card this year came from this four sided Christmas card we received from a dear friend several years ago. I loved the simple elegance of her card and knew I would one day try to do something similar. When I saw Dreaming Tree's Holly Christmas card this year, I immediately knew I wanted to use it to do a four sided card.

What I didn't realize at that time is that the beautiful and intricate filigree cutfile would take way too long to cut. I ended up having to simplify the design drastically, and even then it took my poor Silhouette machine over 30 minutes to cut just 2 panels. I also found I had to allow the machine to rest between cuts or it would overheat and stall in the middle of a cut. That's when I decided to change our card into a three sided one instead.
Despite all the trauma associated with the cutting process, I was pretty happy with the final result. I used gold foil board on the base of the card to add our sentiment and added gold foil holly leaves and red glitter berries for accents.



I put together these penguin gift tags to gift our holiday chex mix to friends and family this year. The adorable penguin svg cutting file comes from Marjorie Ann Designs' Snowball Fight Penguins set.

Also did several of these quickie Peeking Santa Bear tags using a die by the same name from Cottage Cutz Designs.

No comments: