Monday, October 8, 2018

Let the Relaxation Begin!

Here's a fun retirement card I put together for a special lady who I used to work with. Although I myself am recently retired, I haven't had the opportunity to make many retirement cards yet so I needed to create a board on my Pinterest account to start saving ideas right away! The inspiration for this card came from a super cute and clever punch art retirement card that was created by Rochelle Peterson and posted on her blog, Creative Corner Studio.


To make this into a fun pop up card, I used the pop up mechanism from Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop Up Die so the teddy bear on the float rises and pops up as the card is opened.

The adorable bikini clad teddy and the float are paper piecing cut files from Marjorie Ann Designs: "Girls Just Wanna Have Sun" for the ring float, and "Beach Day Fun" for the teddy. The fancy labels  I used for the sentiments are freebie svg cutting files from Images by Heather M blog.
Kudos once again to Karen Burniston for coming up with this easy and fool-proof pop up mechanism die so everyone can create fun, "wowza" pop up cards everytime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun retirement card, Eunice.
Good use of Karen's die.

Jessie Adams