Saturday, January 27, 2018

Go Shopping!

Like any other girl her age (or any age!) my daughter loves to go shopping so I decided to go with a shopping theme for her birthday card.

Surprisingly, I had a really difficult time finding an image or cutting file of a "shopping girl" that I liked. Finally chose to use "Jordan" from SVG Cutting Files because I like the way she looked like she might be walking since I wanted to use her on a Triple Slider card. Plus, I thought her boots looked really cool! The original "Jordan" is actually a holiday paper piecing, dressed in a Santa hat and fur trimmed dress. I just left those pieces off and gave her a couple shopping bags to hold instead! The round "Celebrate" emblem was created with WordArt in Microsoft Word. The background storefronts image was found through a web search for storefront backdrops.


As with my previous Triple Slider cards, pulling the ribbon on the right of the card reveals a panel with a birthday sentiment on the right, and at the same time another panel with a surprise appears on the left...and...Miss Jordan "walks" down the sidewalk to the next store!

Yup, still having loads of fun with this card style! Still wanting to try one in a portrait orientation where the image slides "up" instead...now that's definitely on my "to do" list for this year!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow and Holy Cow!!! That birthday card is the bomb....a triple slider! Your daughter must have been super impressed by all the work you put into her card. You are the master card maker and I bow down to you!

Shirley N said...

OMGosh, I've got to CASE your card for my DIL, this is fabulous, Eunice! I love your shopping card design and the image you used, your daughter must have really loved this, too! Thanks for always sharing your process, great job!